The Macon Bibb warehouse/industrial market has experienced substantial absorption over the last few years, and there are no signs that available inventory will increase in the future. According to Fickling & Company’s most recent survey of over 18 million square feet of warehouse/industrial space over 10,000 square feet in Bibb County, year-end 2017 occupancy is 88% which is an increase from 81% in 2015. For a full copy of this article, click to download the PDF .
Highlights of Industrial/warehouse Activity in 2017 include:
- Star Snacks purchased the 2600 Weaver Rd building in 2017 to open a peanut roasting and packaging plant.
- Trane leased the 44,000 square foot distribution warehouse at 7649 Airport Dr.
- FedEx opened a 248,000 square foot distribution center in the I-75 Business Park in South Bibb County
New Projects Committed for 2018 Delivery
- Tyson Foods will be expanding its current facility from 182,000 to 360,000 square feet
- Irving Consumer Products is a welcomed addition to Macon Bibb’s manufacturing base with their new 700,000 square foot plant.
- Graphic Packaging International plans to invest $136 million in modernizing in its Macon plant.
- Amazon’s 1 million square foot fulfillment center at the Sardis Church I-75 Exit will be opening with the addition of 500 jobs.
- Global Parts warehouse on Avondale Mill Rd is expanding its distribution warehouse from 100,000 to 200,000 square feet.